Do you care about the working conditions of doctoral researchers? Do you want to turn research into policy advice? Does data speak to you?
If the above only slightly fits you, then we have the perfectly right challenges for you!
The Leibniz PhD Network designed a survey among the doctoral researchers of the Leibniz Association and gathered a unique, rich and novel dataset on working environment and conditions of doctoral researchers, their career development opportunities and satisfaction (many thanks to all 1000+ respondents!). Now, the working group Diversity, Equal Opportunities & Working Conditions of the Leibniz PhD Network is looking for helping hands and minds to evaluate this data, retrieve the essential messages and plan a new survey for 2019 that will comprise Leibniz, Helmholtz as well as Max Planck doctoral researchers. Therefore, we want YOU to become a member of our working group!
What should you bring?
- Curiosity and interest in topics related to working conditions of doctoral researchers
- Some enthusiasm for quantitative data evaluation
- Knowledge in statistical software, such as R, Stata or SPSS, or in questionnaire development, or interest to get engaged in one or both
What can we offer?
- A cool team
- The possibility to bring in own topics and ideas and work independently
- Manifold and flexible ways to contribute
- Active members of the working group will get a certificate of their commitment for the Leibniz PhD Network, including a description of their tasks.
Leibniz doctoral students – beautiful minds and data adepts – what are you waiting for? Just contact us and we tell you more!
*Picture: Working Group “Survey” in the Headoffice of the Leibniz Association (April 2018).